Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stupid Neologisms

Today's post is just for fun. Here are some terms that I made up or have heard from friends and family that I had to share with you guys just so that I could be random AND stupid. See Faith?

Just kidding. Only some of them are stupid.


Drunkbooking: This is like drunk dialing but instead you post things to facebook that you will end up regretting later.

Redneck Lemonade: We live near Dawsonville GA. Kelly works at the Local Steak House. Redneck Lemonade is when a country bumpkin orders ice water, then asks for a bowl of lemons. They then add all the coffee sugar to turn their beverage into free lemonade.

Reintarnation: This one goes hand in hand with the previous and means coming back to life as a redneck.

Meaniac: This is my nephew's word. I imagine it means a meany who is also a maniac, but then with kids you never know, right?

Hasbro: A hasbro is a friend that has become a frenemy, or even an enemy.

Pokemon: A Jamaican Proctologist.

Frisbeetarianism: This one's not mine but I saw it on the internet somewhere and found it to be just dumb enough to share here. It is the belief that, when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.

Sudafed: This is another I stole which is a software program on how to file a civil action against the government.

Mouse Potato: This is basically all of us. Like a couch potato but instead of TV or video games, it's the internet, and blogs.

Adminishpere: The rarefied organizational layers beginning just above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve. This is like at my company, where we have around 50 or so employees. I swear that 25 are Vice Presidents.

D.I.N.K.: A landlord's favorite. This is a couple with Dual Incomes, No Kids.

and the near opposite:

SITCOMs: Single Income, Two (or Three) Children, Oppressive Mortgage.

I thought I had more of these but I'm in a hurry ... so I hope you all enjoyed!

18 comments:

Vicki Rocho said...

LOVE these. Especially Meaniac. That's me. Just ask my kids. Thank your nephew, I'm totally stealing this.

Hannah said...

you just about killed me with frisbeetarianism and adminishpere. LOL! I hope I don't get stuck on the roof when I die.

Old Kitty said...

Isn't Sudafed medication for blocked sinuses? :-)
I like hasbro! LOL!

Take care
x

Bryan Russell said...

I'm with Palindrome on frisbeetarianism and adminisphere.

I always kind of liked Oldtimer's Disease. Losing your memory is a terrible thing...

Candyland said...

LOL!!! I've never Drunkbooked but I like to read when other people do! And D.I.N.K!!!! HAHA!!! I know some of those.

Kimber said...

Too funny. I love the Redneck Lemonade. I once lived near Nix Bridge Park in Dawsonville.

Matthew MacNish said...

Holy crap Kimber! I know where that is (sort of). Why does every road in GA have bridge or ferry in its name?

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm definitely going to borrow Adminisphere & Mouse Potato - those are awesome!! :)

Sarah Ahiers said...

my fav is Drunkbooking, by far

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like the last one.
And here I thought Hasbro was just a toy and gaming company.

Zoe C. Courtman said...

Bwahahahahahah! Pokemon. Loved that one. *giggle*

Melody said...

Haha, these are great!
Love SITCOMS... :)

Tahereh said...

ahahahaha LOVE IT

VR Barkowski said...

Too funny! And since you mentioned it, I've been wondering about the road names. I'm north of Atlanta (just recently moved to GA) where a quarter of the roads have bridge in the name, a quarter have ferry, and the remainder have peachtree. I've yet to run across a single ferry or peach tree.

Slamdunk said...

Thanks for the laugh. Gotta love the mouse potato.

Creepy Query Girl said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laughs. lol

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I would be a mouse potatoe is I could, Matt! Have a great week and thanks for the laughter. Roland

Faith E. Hough said...

Actually, genius. Not stupid. And very very funny. :)